Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, September 16, 2011

Early Morning Workout

I DID IT!!! 
Words cannot describe how proud of myself I am. If you follow me on twitter, you know I've been trying to get to the gym before work for a WHILE. 

Yesterday morning, my alarm went off at 4:40am, like it does most every morning, and my immediate reaction was "NOOOO!" I even turned my alarm off and reset it for a later time. 

Then, I thought, "Well, I do have to pee - let me just think about it while I'm peeing..." (tmi?)

So, I was sitting there on the toilet for like 5 minutes arguing with myself, and finally I decided to put my clothes on, and see how I felt then. I told myself that if I put my clothes on, and I still wanted to go back to bed, that I would do it. 

When I got my clothes on, I decided to just walk to the car and then see how I felt. 

Once I got in the car - I was more awake, and felt sure I could make it! 

I got to the gym, and picked out a treadmill, turned on my Pandora, and started walking. 

While I was walking,  i made this mental list of why the gym is better in the mornings:
  • far less people
  • no waiting for equipment
  • everyone at the gym is not trying to put on a fashion show
  • it's cooler there in the mornings
I intended to do 1 hour of walking, and head home. I was feeling so great - then around minute 15 my foot started hurting. No, not my bone spur, but the bottom of my left foot. I was getting a blister. 

I tried to adjust my shoe and sock, but it didn't help. I knew I couldn't make it 1 hour and still be able to walk, so I made myself go for 30 minutes, and started my cool down. 

Final workout numbers:


My post workout look (sexy!):



 I hobbled to the car and I started to get frustrated. I got myself up, and to the gym, and then I had to deal with stupid blister pain. 

Why couldn't it be easier?

I stopped myself and realized that I was being a big baby. 

It's not easy. None of this is easy. It's not easy to count calories. It's not easy to go to the gym. And, it's not going to be easy to lose 300+ pounds. 

But it will be worth it.






4 comments: